the dollar vigilante blog
TDV Week in Review July 8, 2012
Share this article on:
Another week has flown by and many of our Canadian and US friends were likely at the cabin or the beach this week... here's what you missed if you were away!
But first, just a short note to those who will be joining us at FreedomFest in Las Vegas this week that our tentative TDV Meetup Date will most likely be at 7pm on Friday, place to be decided. We'll announce on Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus... or you can email us at TDV@dollarvigilante.com and we'll let you know the exact spot.
MONDAY, JULY 2
A brand new feature on TDV! We receive a lot of email from people who live in the US and who don't want to, or can't, leave but who want advice on how to survive the ever expanding state. Slavey has lived in the US nanny state of California for decades and has learned how to navigate the muddy waters and game the system in order to survive through the collapse of the US dollar. His ideas and insights are enlightening, creative, and enjoyable reading.
This week, Slavey answers your questions about peaceful, personal anarchy, credit card debt, hospital fees, and more.
TUESDAY, JULY 3
by Jim Karger, TDV Legal Correspondant
Jim Karger comments on the Supreme Court decision on ObamaCare and the inherent flaws of Medicare.
“American medicalcare is the most expensive because too many Americans are stressed-out, overweight pigs at the trough and the free market is not allowed to act as a not-so-gentle reminder that health is our individual responsibility. If insurance companies were allowed to fully underwrite risk on an individual basis, a 300 pound smoker probably couldn't get insurance which might act as an incentive to stop smoking and lose weight.”
WEDNESDAY, JULY 4
Menno Troyer, TDV Subscriber and a pioneer of the Free State Project, writes an eloquent counter to the jingoistic celebration of collectivism on of the Fourth of July.
“There is no such thing as a functioning collective; there is only the mosaic effect of the independent choices and actions of millions of functioning units, or individuals. It is precisely this mosaic effect which gives rise to the illusion of a functioning collective - when in fact there is no such entity.”
THURSDAY, JULY 5
Jeff writes on the absurdity of national celebrations, fêtes of statism, and the weak disguise of patriotism.
“Luckily I was no where near a TV for the entire day of July 4th so I missed most of the action. I know what it entails as I've seen it countless times before. Slaves lathering themselves into a frenzy at sporting events when some nameless troop walks out as they sing the national anthem to celebrate all the glorious and beautiful bombs bursting in air from a fight they had nothing to do with but take special pride in for some unknown reason.”
FRIDAY, JULY 6
Jeff answers reader’s emails about cowardice, the education “prison”, a worried victim of collectivism, and credit card repayment.
SATURDAY, JULY 7
In another classic edition of The Weekend Vigilante, Jeff Berwick takes on the tooth fairy and bad cops. You have to check this out, they have more in common than you’d think!
VIDEOS FROM THE WEEK
- Jeff Berwick speaks with Phil Mackesy about the dangers of bath salts and the slave mindset
- Jeff also was featured in a show on the upcoming collapse on the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) called The Invisible Hand
- On Anarchast, Jeff speaks with Stephanie Murphy of FreeTalk Live at PorcFest
Don't forget, TDV is much more than a newsletter. We also offer many of the solutions to the problems we identify in the letter to help people internationalize their self and wealth to protect themselves from The End Of The Monetary System As We Know It (TEOTMSAWKI).
Check out all our services designed to help you gain more freedom in your life here:
- TDV Passports - Residency and Citizenship services, professionaly done and expedited in countries from the Dominican Republic, Paraguay, St. Kitts and Nevis, Dominica and Cambodia.
- TDV Offshore - Set up an international business corporation in numerous jurisdictions and easily set up foreign bank accounts without leaving the comfort of your own home. A few jurisdictions still accept Americans as clients and we can help you find the right one for you.
- TDV Self-Directed IRAs - If you have an IRA, or even a 401k, in the US you can quickly and easily move the funds outside of the country and invest in anything you wish, even including gold & silver... all at arms length from the US Government should they ever decide they wish to confiscate your retirement savings... or force you into Treasury Bonds paying 2% per year (-10% in real terms)
Thanks as always for reading or subscribing!